Lopi Pioneer Bay - pot overfills

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hobbit

Dec 22, 2023
Massachusetts
I've got a pioneer bay insert, running it on thermostat mode. New issue this year, it ran fine over the last two seasons with this issue cropping up infrequently.

Sometimes on startup the burn pot fills with pellets before it can light and then faults. It's happening probably twice a week now, when it used to happen only once every month or two. When I dump the burn pot, and brush it out for good measure, it always starts fine after that. I'm also set on the highest heat output because set lower than that it seems to burn a bit dirty.

I'm using pellets that have been tarped since last season, I wasn't sure if I needed to open the air restrictor to allow more air flow and hopefully light faster?