Enviro customer service??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpack123

Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2008
Durham Maine
Just a note to all of you who might be considering an Enviro. I have been waiting for 6 weeks for a replacement convection blower that began a loud whine after about a week of occasional burning. Enviro warranty issues must be handled through the dealer only, since they dont have a customer service number in the manual anywhere. My dealer is waiting for his distributor to get it so he can get it to me. That seems a little ridiculous. I am glad it was not a part that caused me to lose the stove entirely.

Sounds like it might be a dealer issue, not so much enviro?

There is a contact email address on enviro's website. When I was waiting 5 weeks for a warranty auger motor, I emailed them twice. No direct response what-so-ever from enviro. It does not appear that it is just the dealer.

I was thinking about getting a Enviro insert but if I have to deal with the dealer only for support I am going to look for something else.

Are there any dealers in maine that actually stock enviro empress parts? My dealer is in NH and has had a hard time getting parts for my empress.

Any time I have needed parts for my Enviro EF-2 I have ordered them from Hearth Tools.

http://www.hearthtools.com/enviro_pellet.htm

Rod has great customer service and is great to deal with.

Drop him a line and see if he can fix you up.

P.S. They also have a great troubleshooting guide section.

No connection to me, just a happy customer.

---Nailer---

jtpack123 said:
Are there any dealers in maine that actually stock enviro empress parts? My dealer is in NH and has had a hard time getting parts for my empress.

the best dealer I've talked with in southern Maine is The Hearth Doctor in Gray.

http://hearthdoctor.com/

I'm not sure what he stocks for parts, but he'll be honest with you about whether he can get them. He is the only dealer I've talked with who says he will work on a stove he did not sell, & was very helpful when I went in to buy a $5.00 part. I wish I'd found him before I bought my stove.

Just got an e-mail from my dealer and my convection blower has arrived! I ordered October 5th. I am glad it was not January 5th.

tho i didnt wait as long as you, i had to wait 2.5 weeks for a exhaust blower from my dealer, didnt have one on hand and just had to wait for napoleon to send it out.

i might just get convection and exhaust motors to have on hand and keep the replacement from the dealer if it happens again.

I think I will get some parts like a spare combustion blower and a spare auger motor and maybe an ignitor because if this had happened in the dead of winter when oil is expensive it would have been much more of a pain in the butt.

It's hard saying whether its the company or the dealer. When I was a dealer there were times that I would screw up and forget to order a part, other times I would order it before the customer left the store and it'd take along time to get the spare. I was honest with people when I forgot and I was honest when I couldn't get it. In 2005 alot of manufacturers were unable to get the blowers from their suppliers, could that be part of the problem this year? We always tried to keep a good stock of the critical parts for the stoves we sold, but if your stock is depleted and the manufacturer can't supply it then you're stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.