Enviro EF 2i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stewfish

Aug 20, 2022
Oregon
Hi all,

Our new home came with a 2001 EF-2i and I wanted to replace any replaceable parts to have emergency backups before this winter and make sure its all clean an overhualed.

Any advice, upgrades, suggestions would be great. It has the analoge dials which I think I will stick with vs a screen that seem to break if made in China, but let me know if there is a wifi or other upgrade worth trying. Its cold in central Oregon from Nov to April so I think it will be on a 24/7 slow burn.

We once had the M55 at my parents and it was awesome, but also a multi-fuel. So I'm hoping this one will be okay.

I was looking at using bear mountain or Coastal pellets from Coastal Farm and Ranch down the road where the sell pallets of pellets.

Will these work - https://www.coastalcountry.com/products/home-garden/heaters-fuel-accessories/wood-pellets

Well I hope thats enough infothanks,

Josh

Last edited:
The ef 2 by Enviro is a good dependable stove
Just take apart and clean all exhaust paths .
Remove combustion fan and circulation fans
clean and lub. circulation fan. put it all back together
and test . You should be good to go . I have never
seen any up grades . It is a simple to operate analog
style stove. Not much to go wrong and easy to repair
They are not picky as to there pellets just use a good one
Welcome to the Forum

Reactions: Stewfish