enviro EF3 auger bushings ( help me )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

Sep 2, 2013
Onterio Canada
after having problems with my auger last year I decided to open up my pellet stove and take a look ... I found that the bushing on the bottom of the auger will need to be replaced ....witch looks easy to do .... now should I also change the bushing on the top of the auger ??? if so how do you get it out ???? the auger compartment is 1 piece and welded in place so I cant see how you would get to the top bushing ???? It seams to be fine but I would like to replace it wile I have it apart if I can .... Dose anybody know how to replace the top bushing ?

it's not very common to have to replace the upper bushing. if you can move the auger shaft around at the location of the bushing you might have something to think about, otherwise I'd leave it be. the lower bushing are pretty easy to fix, and you can usually tell just by looking at the mounting plate (elongated hole) that something needs to be done. besides, that whole auger assembly prolly isn't very inexpensive.

In the 14 years I've been rebuilding envro stoves I have never had to replace
an upper bushing . They get very little wear because of the way the auger works .
Are you sure you need one ? To test install auger with new lower bushing turn by
hand if the auger does not contact the tube its go to go . Grease the upper bushing
and you are set .

OK Thank you . It's good I just thought wile I had it open I should replace it at the same time. I did as you said and it looks fine. Are you sure I should grease it ?? I thought the bushings for the Auger were suppose to be be grease free and it doesn't look like it had grease on it in the past ?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Ps do the bottom bushings were out often ? should I buy a spare in case the next time the parts are no longer available ?

You do not have to put any grease on the shaft but I put a high temp
silicon lube not a whole lot just a dab. The bushings are not put under a lot of stress
so they do not wear out very often. I use an fe3 it burns 24/7 from the middle of Oct .
till the middle of May I've used this unit sense 2002 and have never replaced the lower bushing

ok thanks ... I got the new bushing today and will install tomorrow :) now I need is a good ash vac and I am all ready for winter ;)

have a enviro3 insert with slow augerr speed pulled the auger out, can't seems to tell if bushing are bad have the 1 sec timmer the stove is 02 just wondering if should up grade to the 3sec of if it is a combination of booth

Status
Not open for further replies.