Enviro empress and pellet recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nanama72

Mar 9, 2008
Western MA
Last year was our first year with our pellet stove and we tried a few kinds and found Barefoot to be the best, however, we couldn't get any bulk delivery of barefoot and got 7 tons of LG granules which we're working for. They're definitely not the worst by far, but the heat output does not match Barefoots.

I've been seeing a lot of information about vermont wood pellets in northern VT on here and I wonder if anybody has tried them in an empress. We're burning through more LG granules because on level 5 the heat output is similar to level 4 with the barefoot.

Thanks

LG is a pretty good pellet, I'd keep on w/ them If I were you... the Empress has a fairly smallish pot, so it can be subject to a poor burn if you run into a high ash pellet... best route to go is to go buy a few bags of whatever pellet you are considering and try a few bags before you buy a bulk load.

Status
Not open for further replies.