Enviro Empress Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCB

Jan 10, 2015
PA
My older empress stove ca 2009, does not seem to be burning properly. On heat level 5, auger will drop pellets and the flame will rise. After burning for about 10 seconds or so, the light #4 will flash and the auger will stop droping pellets. the flame dies down, then light # 4 will go out, the auger will feed pellets and the cycle repeats it self.

This does not seem right to me. This is a new mother board and panel. The old board and control panel did not have the auger trim buttons etc. They supplied me with the newer model board and panel.

With the old board,when the heat setting was set to 5 the flame would stay high and the auger would continuously feed about every second or 2.

Is this normal? Does not seem to be throwing the heat as it did previously (due to cycling flame).

You thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Has this just started with the board replacement ?
Is the thermostat switch in the right position for manual burn ?
here is a link to the service manual from Envro
http://enviro.com/media/manuals/?fam=Empress_FS
Under Misc click PELLET STOVE MANUAL
This will give you a comprehensive manual for all stoves
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.