Enviro Empress problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72tx340

Hearth Supporter
Feb 10, 2009
maine
Has anybody noticed how noisy the auger is on this stove...you can hear it turn very loudly and always stops with a thunk. Is there anything that can be done. I have a real hard time getting the dealer to come look at the stove.

If you have an Enviro Empress FS, then you definitely have something wrong with your stove. I have an Empress FS and it is very quiet. In fact, they are probably one of the most quiet pellet stoves on the market.

Good luck with your dealer. Hope he finds the problem!

I have the same insrt and the same problem. I noticed it's less prominent when you first turn the insert on and as it heats up, the thunking gets louder. Can get really annoying. Don't know what to say beyond that.

We had a similar problem with our Empress (installed Oct 2008 in our family room) a few weeks ago. Service call resulted in no mechanical problem detected, service tech vacumed out some pellet dust and declared the stove to be ok. A day and a half later we heard the auger making a grinding/clunking noise again. We assumed something was wrong & turned off the stove, & called the service guy. A few minutes later we smelled smoke/strong woodsy pellet smell. Turns out, the stove had caught on FIRE. Yup, a big 'ol fire in the pellet hopper. :bug: Thank God we were at home to clean the pellets out, and put out the fire before any smoke damage occured. We had full on flames in the pellet bin. How does that happen?! Thought there was a heat sensor in the hopper to shut things down if the hopper got too hot?

We are dealing with Enviro reps now to determine the cause--& have to say we are NOT impressed with customer service thus far. They hauled the stove (and 2 bags of our pellets) back to the factory to test the stove, supposedly to investigate the cause of the fire. Said we would hear back within the week. Over a week, and NO call! When we called Enviro today, our contact person was "out for meetings thru the week", but her assistant talked with us had the nerve to infer that the fire may be blamed on (1) inferior pellets--which by the way are working GREAT in our Harmon insert in the living room--no clinkers or ash build up at all in the Harmon (2) Failure to clean vents (part of annual cleaning that was in fact completed by our installer/service guy back in the fall prior to starting up for the season).

BTW we are burning Corinth Premium pellets this season in both stoves, and having great results in the Harmon.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.