Enviro Kodiak 1700 Pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleRider

Jan 22, 2014
Seattle, WA
I went to a local dealer today, thinking of looking at Jotul inserts and stoves but once I got there the owners started talking about the Enviro Kodiak which seems to have all the features I would want to heat the entire first floor easily.

Now I am in WA, right outside of Seattle and this dealer gave me a price for the complete insert (which includes the face plate and the blower) as $2400 and then an additional $1500 for the installation + liner.

From what I have read on the forums Kodiak is a good choice and well liked by many.

What are your thoughts on the pricing of the insert? I will be calling the other dealers in the area as well to do some price comparison but would really appreciate your opinion.

I have the Enviro Cabello 1200 which I paid $5500 for the insert, liner and installation NJ prices. I think I probably overpaid! but the guys he did the work have a great reputation!
Just wish I saw what one of the threads said about displacement and units to get the biggest you can.

sometimes, paying a higher price for a good quality product and professional installation is worth a bit of a higher price. I recently had some remodeling done. I paid a higher price than some contractors but I had had them do some previous work and was very satisfied with the results. the workmanship on the mods were great. plus, the crews were security screened so I didn't worry about things coming up missing. that in itself was worth the extra cost cause someone didn't have to stay around and "watch" and could go to work and continue to get paid.....to pay for the remodel ;lol

SeattleRider, the pricing you got was inline with what I paid for my 1200 6 or 7 years ago. Installation is a bit higher than what I paid, but mine was pretty straightforward.

I like my Enviro, might be tempted to get a cat next time around for the additional control. On the other hand, it seems like cat stoves want a bit more attention.

That's pretty close to what I paid for my 1700. I think I paid 2250, but that was 3 years ago. Does that installation include an insulated liner and block off plate?

That's pretty close to what I paid for my 1700. I think I paid 2250, but that was 3 years ago. Does that installation include an insulated liner and block off plate?

Kingquad, that is a good question. I will be sure to ask them, I did ask about the liner i.e. Flex or Rigid and I was told they use Flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.