Freddyp Posted By Freddyp, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM

1. Freddyp

Freddyp
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Northshore of Mass
    Bin a while since I last posted, but I am having a weird problem with my Enviro M55 Insert.
    I noticed some chipping on the porcelain and immediately blamed the wife. She insisted that she did not bump into it with the vacuum of anything else for that matter. I was a bit suspect but had no proof. Next day I noticed more chipping of the porcelain on the door. No flecks on the floor in front just more and more porcelain peeling off and disappearing. I now believe my wife but have no idea why the porcelain on the door of my M55 is disappearing. The only thing that I noticed over the past week or so is a faint smell of smoke in the house and a couple of loud cracking sounds after a few hours of running.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue with your M55 Insert????
    I have not contacted my dealer and I think I am still under warranty but it is really bothering me since i can not figure out what might be going on here.
    Any ideas????
    Thanks

2. flynfrfun

flynfrfun
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Bonney Lake, WA
    I have the plain cast, so no problems with mine.

roadrunnermoore likes this.
  3. adane

adane
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 6, 2013
    "Immediately blamed my wife" - that was good for a few laughs with my wife this morning! Thanks.

4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather
    Guest 2.
    NULL

curious about this.....often finishes are excluded from warranty

5. jtakeman

jtakeman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2008
    Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    There are some other limitations(of coarse) But it looks as though if it is deemed a defect. You might get a replacement, if its under 1 year old?

6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather
    Guest 2.
    NULL

OP first posted in Jan, 2011, and stated in the first post that his stove was a year old then........the plot thickens......I wonder why after 2 years it would start flaking......better waterboard your wife, Freddo!