1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Enviro M55 Porcelain problem

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Freddyp, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Freddyp

Freddyp Member

Loc:
    Northshore of Mass
    Bin a while since I last posted, but I am having a weird problem with my Enviro M55 Insert.
    I noticed some chipping on the porcelain and immediately blamed the wife. She insisted that she did not bump into it with the vacuum of anything else for that matter. I was a bit suspect but had no proof. Next day I noticed more chipping of the porcelain on the door. No flecks on the floor in front just more and more porcelain peeling off and disappearing. I now believe my wife but have no idea why the porcelain on the door of my M55 is disappearing. The only thing that I noticed over the past week or so is a faint smell of smoke in the house and a couple of loud cracking sounds after a few hours of running.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue with your M55 Insert????
    I have not contacted my dealer and I think I am still under warranty but it is really bothering me since i can not figure out what might be going on here.
    Any ideas????
    Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. flynfrfun

flynfrfun Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bonney Lake, WA
    I have the plain cast, so no problems with mine.
    roadrunnermoore likes this.
  3. adane

adane New Member

"Immediately blamed my wife" - that was good for a few laughs with my wife this morning! Thanks.
  4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

curious about this.....often finishes are excluded from warranty
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    There are some other limitations(of coarse) But it looks as though if it is deemed a defect. You might get a replacement, if its under 1 year old?
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

OP first posted in Jan, 2011, and stated in the first post that his stove was a year old then........the plot thickens......I wonder why after 2 years it would start flaking......better waterboard your wife, Freddo!