Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCD

Dec 30, 2012
I have an Enviro M55 stove I use to heat my entire house for the past 4 years. Stove has worked great for the past 2.5-3 years but I have been having issues lately. When I turn the stove on from a cold start it runs for about 10 mins and than shuts off, the 3 light blinks and blower fan never turns on. If I turn the stove off and back on it operates with no issues and the blower kicks in. This happens no matter the settings of the stove (feed trim, air or 1-5 setting). The other issues, the more major issue, is over the last half of last season and so far this season on setting 3-5 the stove backs up pellets in the firebox. This happens at different times for the different settings, on 3 it will take about 7-8 hrs for the firebox to fill and the flame to get lazy and discolored. On 4 it takes about 4 hrs and 5 takes about 2-3 hrs. On setting 2 the stove will run for ever without issues. I have cleaned the stove thoroughly and even had it professionally cleaned last year but the issue never resolved. I live in a relatively rural part of Maryland and there is not a local dealer that I can call for service so any help would be great.

Will need more info for a full diagnoses but it sounds like a lack of
air for combustion. Clean stove including all hidden ash traps ,remove
combustion fan and clean Clean and brush all venting .
Here are link to the service manual .
enviro.com/.../C-12145%20Instruction%20PELLET%20Service%20Manual

Out of the box my M55 needed to be primed with a handful of pellets to stay running on startup. Just grab a few and she starts up every time. The only time I have had pellets back up in the firebox is when I don't have the agitator fully engaged after a cleaning. You have to make sure it is fully twisted in to its spot. Mine wasn't once and I had major backup. I turned the stove off, pulled the rod out, put it back in ensuring that it was twisted back in all the way and it worked fine after that. Other than that I love it! even without an OAK ;)

I replaced the temp sensor on the exhaust and the solved the issue at start up. I also replaced the motor on the exhaust fan but the overfilling the burn pot at the 3 setting or above is still not resolved. How did you adjust the sleeve in the hopper to solve the problem on your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.