Enviro Maxx Feed Rate Trim cannot be adjusted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeffotron77

Jan 18, 2020
Kentucky
Fist time poster hoping someone can help:

I bought a Maxx and it was working fine until tonight. One of the kids shut off the surge protector and now when it is in manual mode it dumps pellets so fast it makes a roaring fire. I think the feed rate trim needs to be adjusted, but the control panel won’t allow me to adjust it.

FEED RATE TRIM BUTTON: Used to change the feed rate trims in 1⁄4 second increments for all feed settings. When this button is pressed, all the light will light up on the Heat Output Indicator except for the one that shows the current setting; the default setting is the number 4 light. To adjust the setting hold the Feed Rate Trim button down and press the Heat Level up or down buttons to adjust the setting. (When I press these buttons together to reduce the trim, nothing happens. The light that is off will not move down.)

Is there another switch somewhere that needs to be flipped to allow the settings to be changed?

Something else?
The unit was working great for about a year until the power was shut off.

Push and hold the feed trim button and then push the heat level up or down button 1 time to adjust. Dont hold both down

It could also be what was wrong with mine.......,.A bad button on the board.
The surface mount buttons on the daughter board are notoriusly cheap and wear out.
They are very easy to replace if you have basic soldering skills.

Here is an article from member dana.r on how to do it

Replacement buttons I used

Good Luck.

Thanks much! JR was right. I wasn’t waiting for it to have a solid mode light (it was still in start up mode so I couldn’t adjust it). Set the feed rate trim down 2 levels and burning just fine now.

Thanks much! JR was right. I wasn’t waiting for it to have a solid mode light (it was still in start up mode so I couldn’t adjust it). Set the feed rate trim down 2 levels and burning just fine now.
During the startup the Maxx is going to burn hot because of the amount of pellets dropping into the pot. Especially if there’s a delay in ignition.

It could also be what was wrong with mine.......,.A bad button on the board.
The surface mount buttons on the daughter board are notoriusly cheap and wear out.
They are very easy to replace if you have basic soldering skills.

Here is an article from member dana.r on how to do it

Replacement buttons I used

Good Luck.

same buttons on both style of boards and many others. I keep 50 in stock