Enviro Maxx reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

deslpwr

Jan 7, 2022
Louisville, KY
Looking for some real world reviews on the enviro maxx. I just sold my Jotul F500 and looking to get a pellet setup for the basement. While my wife and I loved the Jotul, it wasn't going to be a great long term setup for us.

I have been researching pellet stoves/furnaces and came across the enviro maxx. I'm interested especially since it has the optional dual vent kit. I was looking into furnaces, but not sure I need it since it'll just be supplemental heat. It would be going in an unfinished basement that is roughly 2000sqft of open space. My next project is getting the basement semi-finshed, but it'll stay open. I also need to seal the sill plate since there are some gaps due to settlement. Based on my research, I should go ahead and install and OAK as well I'm assuming? We live in a log cabin single story ranch so the goal is to get a little heat up through the floor. The basement door is also close by so shouldn't be an issue getting heat up that way as well.

Also, I got a price of about $4800 otd. Is that fair?

Thanks y'all!

If you are looking for a high BTU stove the max puts out a lot of heat up to 70 thousand BTU
It is an easy stove to maintain and clean with a super large hopper. I have one in my 2800sq.ft. shop
not super sealed and even on the coldest days it can run you out with the heat. I use the HI/ Low
mode with a thermostat and it works very well at keeping the shop at 70 all heating season long
I have an OAK so the unit (fire is sealed from the shop (approved by my insurance company)
What can I say I have 2 enviro stoves one in the house and one in the shop most likely
the best heating investment I ever made
Good luck with your search

Reactions: deslpwr
Looking for some real world reviews on the enviro maxx. I just sold my Jotul F500 and looking to get a pellet setup for the basement. While my wife and I loved the Jotul, it wasn't going to be a great long term setup for us.

I have been researching pellet stoves/furnaces and came across the enviro maxx. I'm interested especially since it has the optional dual vent kit. I was looking into furnaces, but not sure I need it since it'll just be supplemental heat. It would be going in an unfinished basement that is roughly 2000sqft of open space. My next project is getting the basement semi-finshed, but it'll stay open. I also need to seal the sill plate since there are some gaps due to settlement. Based on my research, I should go ahead and install and OAK as well I'm assuming? We live in a log cabin single story ranch so the goal is to get a little heat up through the floor. The basement door is also close by so shouldn't be an issue getting heat up that way as well.

Also, I got a price of about $4800 otd. Is that fair?

Thanks y'all!

I'm just south of the Louisville area and am looking for a pellet stove too. I can't use one that big but would you mind telling where the dealer is that sells them. Joneh recommended the Enviro Meridian to me and I'd like to check and see what one of those would cost.

I found a price online that wanted almost $6,000 for the Meridian so that sounds like a good price on the Maxx.

There are 2 dealers in Louisville One is
The Fire Place
10408 Shelbyville Rd
According to Envrio Dealer locator

Reactions: danrclem
Yes try them. I actually just ordered the Maxx as I intend to plumb it directly into my cold air return with the heat distribution kit.

Was the $4,800 the price for the stove and taxes or did it include anything else? Were you going to get them to install it for you?

I called Monday and the lady there gave me an email address to message for a price. I sent an email Monday and got a response Tuesday morning asking if I wanted to just buy a stove or have it installed. I responded back that I would be installing it myself and haven't heard anything back. I'm probably going to take a ride over there tomorrow and see if I can get some info from them.

@johneh I have found specs from the Maxx that says it burns from 16,588 btu to 63,386 btu. If I got a Maxx would it burn low enough in a house with 600 sq. ft of basement being heated and 1,200 upstairs? Does burning one on lower settings cause them to burn dirtier? I also had one dealer to tell me that parts for the Enviro would be harder to get here in the states. What's your take on that.

Any stove burning on low will dirty up the glass faster
You put the stove on auto HI/LOW with a thermostat
set at whatever temp you want then when the temp is reached
the stove goes to low burn. When there is a heat call
it ramps up . This makes the stove easier on the igniter
and I find it keeps the shop more comfortable
Here is a link to one of the largest Pellet Stove parts
suppliers in the US I believe you will see he has a huge stock
of parts

Was the $4,800 the price for the stove and taxes or did it include anything else? Were you going to get them to install it for you?

I called Monday and the lady there gave me an email address to message for a price. I sent an email Monday and got a response Tuesday morning asking if I wanted to just buy a stove or have it installed. I responded back that I would be installing it myself and haven't heard anything back. I'm probably going to take a ride over there tomorrow and see if I can get some info from them.

@johneh I have found specs from the Maxx that says it burns from 16,588 btu to 63,386 btu. If I got a Maxx would it burn low enough in a house with 600 sq. ft of basement being heated and 1,200 upstairs? Does burning one on lower settings cause them to burn dirtier? I also had one dealer to tell me that parts for the Enviro would be harder to get here in the states. What's your take on that.

That was just stove without the taxes. I told them I would self install as well. However, I didn't order from them since I found a much better deal on one over the black friday/cyber monday weekend.

That was just stove without the taxes. I told them I would self install as well. However, I didn't order from them since I found a much better deal on one over the black friday/cyber monday weekend.

Where did you find the better deal? I've been searching all over and found two places with online pricing. One had ridiculous prices and one in Canada that had very good prices but they won't deliver down here.