Enviro Meridian in basement ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrnnr

Jun 27, 2008
Northern Vermont
I have a 2 level house with insulated basement, Outer walls were studded and bat insulation)

Each floor is about 700SQF.

I am looking at a Enviro Meridian Pellet stove and the dealer says that the stove in the basement will heat the house. by just leaving the Basement door open to the upstairs.

After reading some post on here it looks like I will have to really seal up the whole basement a little better and maby put in a vent in the floor to get the heat upstairs.

Can some one in a similar situation tell me if this stove will keep the whole house fairley warm?

I have to put it in the basement because their is no room in the living room for it. I have a corner gas fireplce there now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.