Enviro Meridian or Vista Flame or Regency - How often to clean burn pot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I know the ashes drop into the ash pan.

So when running this stove how often do you need to brush out the burn pot if running good pellets?

I hear when the flame turns orange and does not get enough air then the burn pot needs cleaning.

The manual states 2-3 days but I would like to know really what you do?

Thanks

hi don i recently sold my meridian and jumped up to a vf55.the meridian was a solid stove for me but just a little undersized.i would easily go 2/3 days on the better pellets .anything from the depot and lowes i would shut it down every night before hitting the sack and give it a quick scrape.i was also using a high ash liner in my stove.the original liner kept clogging up the holes with most pellets so i upgraded the liner to better handle higher ash pellets

hi don i recently sold my meridian and jumped up to a vf55.the meridian was a solid stove for me but just a little undersized.i would easily go 2/3 days on the better pellets .anything from the depot and lowes i would shut it down every night before hitting the sack and give it a quick scrape.i was also using a high ash liner in my stove.the original liner kept clogging up the holes with most pellets so i upgraded the liner to better handle higher ash pellets

Thanks Corkman.
Good info, I did not know about the high ash liner. Thanks Does the high ash liner have larger holes?
http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/SS_Burn_Pot_Liner_High_Ash_EF2_EF3_Win_Mer_VF100_p/50-587.htm
Nailed_Nailer told me you are the expert on this. :)

Did a good damper setting help?

larger holes and a lot more of them.fire was much more active and i didnt have to tend to the stove every day after i made the switch.if you plan to keep the stove then i would highly recommend getting the high ash liner.i set my damper with a magna gauge.

Damn don you sure have alot of stoves lol, we are cleaning the one we have burning in the back of the shop every 3-7 days give or take

Damn don you sure have alot of stoves lol, we are cleaning the one we have burning in the back of the shop every 3-7 days give or take

Thanks
Yes, I like fixing stoves, but when I sell them they are not mine anymore. I recently sold the Enviro Meridian. She was reading the manual and asked about cleaning intervals. She said the Harman she had a long time ago was alot easier to keep clean! Well, the Harman does cost alot more too!

Anyway, I am working on a 15 y/o Lopi Pioneer (Heritage Bay FS) tonight and just got it going good. New paint and new exhaust blower, new door and ash pan gasket. I cleaned and lubed the auger bushing (Using Dry Moly Lube) and the motor is nice and quiet but when I turn the knob to the Low range, I see the auger lite come on but the auger does not move. Do you think the old Auger Motor is just to old and tired to move at very low intervals?
I started a new thread for this issue
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...en-feed-know-set-below-the-m-in-medium.89462/

My Meridian goes 7 - 10 days before I clean it. Of course, I'm a little bit OCD. I shut the stove down once a week and clean it out.

I usually burn Barefoots, so I don't have a lot of ash. I do have the high ash liner and that made a huge difference over the original liner.

Great Info. That is good news to me!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.