Enviro Milan Combustion Blower Noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
Hello All;
I have the Enviro Milan insert, and today the combustion/exhaust blower was very noisy. I took it out, and cleaned it out thouroughly. I believe I got most of the crud off of the blades.
I put everything all back together, but it is still very noisy.
It is a very whiny, vibrating noise, with maybe a little grinding involved. It does not sound smooth. This is the original blower (4th season) and I thought I read on an older post that you could oil it, but then I thought I read that you shouldn't if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Anyone have any thoughts on some maintenance?

Dribble some oil on the bearings. They are shielded bearings but oil can work its way in. There will not be oil ports on the motor like the bushing motors have, So use a long tube/hose to get some oil to the bearings. You will most likely need to remove it again to do this.

The bearings are replaceable with some common tools. You'll need to remove the originals to get the bearing number. Pretty sure its 608SS but the ID(bearing bore) could be standard or metric depending on the motor. Most area's have motor shops that can change the bearings for you. If you plan on keeping the stove for a while, You could get a new motor and have the bearings replaced in the original unit. Then keep it for a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.