Enviro Milan insert installed and room is not getting hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
I just had my Enviro Milan insert installed on Tuesday.

I was very surprised to go into the living room this morning, with the stove running all night, and it was not warm in the room. I thought for sure that at least my living room ( where the stove sits) would be warm and comfortable to sit in. This was not the case. Any suggestions?

I do not have an OAK. In all my research I never realized that the Milan does not come with an OAK attachment tube. The dealer/installer said with the Milan's there is no place to attach a direct OAK system and they would probably just drill a hole in to the chimney for extra air if I was having issues. They also said the ash clean out should be enough air for the stove to run. Maybe this is the issue and I need an OAK?

I only ran the stove at 2/3. The settings on the heat is (1/2,2/3,4/5 and 5) so I would say 2/3 is just above the low setting. I ran it from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. when I woke up. The stove is still running but I thought after 12 hours the living room would be hotter.

It dropped down to about 20 degrees last night, and was 27 this morning, the heat is set to 58 so I don't think the heat ever came on @ night either

I attached my house layout, the living room is 16 feet by 25 feet. Think of is as a rectangle.

This could just be the stove need to be set higher but I assumed since the room is a closed rectangle, except for the one door, that it would have been very warm this morning and the hear would just stay in the room. It may be that without an OAK the stove is sucking the heat back out???

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry if this is a repost but I'm not sure if the 1st one went through.

Attachments

• Enviro Milan insert installed and room is not getting hot
    Capture.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Enviro Milan insert installed and room is not getting hot
    Capture.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.