Enviro Mini exhausting into house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody. I can't tell you how helpful it is to have your support. BTW - I never sleep with the stove on, which is probably why I'm here typing. Lytherm gasket, eh? If the local stove stove has it, I'll get some; if not I'll use caulk. Smokey, there is a thimble. What's showing in the picture is me tearing off the metal flashing the vinyl siding installers covered the thimble with. It isn't caulked and I want to be sure to caulk it. That copperfresh air intake is blocked inside the boat. When I fix the metal flashing outside, I'll remove it entirely.

I've taken the stove apart and cleaned all the dust out. There wasn't much in there, and no loose ash. The combustion motor was clean, and I've vacuumed out the the small bit of ash that was in the box-like structure pictured below (shown with the little flapping door removed). Early on, someone said something about a thimble or needle they cleaned out with a toothpick. Can someone give me a hint about where that is before I button everything up and start caulking?

My mini I just picked up used from the dealer does not have this "little flapping door", nor can I find this part on the schematic. What is it? Sounds like I'm missing parts. "shown with the little flapping door removed".

I found out I'm missing part# 50-1542. Its not even in the technical manual. Wow.

I made my own flapper - its working great!

photo (8).JPG

At least your stove is close to 100% efficiency with heat from exhaust

you have to get over this fear, not burning at night?, that should be the most important time to burn, when it cold as hell out!! 18 yr's leave my stove on 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.