Enviro S50 freestanding gas fireplace vs LVP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marys1000

Dec 29, 2021
Michigan
The new S50, as shown in the official Enviro you tube video apparently directs the heat directly down to the floor and out the bottom. Which seems crazy to me, it is not shown on any type of pad. I have one on order and and its new enough my dealer doesnt have specific info on if, how to protect a LVP floor.
Couldnt figure out how to copy the link but enviro s50 you tube will find it easily. Im getting the woid burning bottom.

I dont like the looks of the rubbery fake tile hearth pads Ive seen.

I was thinkibg a slab of granite or porcelain on the lvp. Dont think glass would provide enough thermal protection.

Is the granite to heavy? For LVP? The stove doesnt look like it weighs much.

How much bigger should the pad extend? Its a corner install in a very small room. To fit furniture I need it yo be as minimal as can be