Enviro Windsor auger motor removal issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
So my enviro Windsor free standing stove was making some auger motor noise tonight. 2 out of the 4 bracket screw that attach to motor fell out.

So I removed the 4 screws with grommets that attach to stove itself. Removed the Allen head set screw on the shaft and can not get the motor to drop off. As far as I can tell there is no other screws unless I'm missing something....

I tried a pry bar and still won't come off. It will spin and lower itself a little but then hits the blower fan.

I'm at my wits end on this, replaced motors on different brands for friends with no issues...what am I missing here?

It is stuck on (normal) with dust and pellets fines
and ash. You will have to work a little with pry bar and wiggle it off
Believe me it will come . As the saying goes been there done that
Good Luck

Could be a second set screw under the one you removed.

I had to really pry mine off, since the motor shaft had mushroomed from the set screw pressure. I filed the shaft a bit, and now it fits easily.

Had the same issue with my mini a. I finally wacked it off with a pry bar and hammer. Took some real hard wacks.

used a pry bar again this morning and got it off. ordered a new auger motor as the plastic on the motor next to the wiring connectors was cracked on both sides and glued back together.