Enviro Windsor troubleshoot-can't control heat settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bb1100yankees

Sep 20, 2012
ok having an issue controlling the heat settings on my enviro Windsor (electronic control board). The stove has not been used since last winter at which time it functioned perfectly.

I started up the stove today and it started fine, the system light switched over to solid yellow, but the fan light remained blinking (can't remember if this is normal). Issue is I cannot control the fan speed via the control settings and it seemingly is stuck in automatic mode, however the system light is solid, convection fan seems to be running but at one speed, my guess 2 or 3.

As mentioned the fan light is blinking and when pressed all five lights in the fan speed indicator light up, blink for a few seconds, then return to a solid light on whatever I leave it on....fan is same speed on whatever setting I place it at.

I should mention I tried the leaf blower cleaning trick before firing the stove, door was open and leaf blower was on for approx 10 min...not sure if this issue is a conincidence or if the stove did not appreciate this.

The stove is set for manual control. No other lights are blinking on control board and control board appears to not be loose and is tight to its housing.

I have not yet removed the control board to see if anything has come loose, looks fried, etc..., but thought I would start the process as I'm guessing I'm going to have to do some troubleshooting to find the problem.

Thanks!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.