Envirofire EF2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sirdylan

Nov 11, 2018
AZ
i recently purchased a used envirofire ef2 and had help from family hooking it up. for the most part its been running awesome, but occassionally goes out when its set to half on the feed dial. now that ive been looking at it more closely and i downloaded a manual for it i realize it doesnt have many features that are shown in the manual. theres no igniter tube or an existing spot for one, no slider/damper rod and no heat exhanger tube cleaning rod. there are no spots for either of the rods that i can see. all this stove has is the green light, auger dial, blower dial and the manual/auto switch. is any of this a problem? is there another way I'm supposed to control the airflow to the stove? any info is appreciated!

Model EF2i has the igniter, EF2 is manual light model. Did you download the EF2i manual? Possibly your stove is an early model, before other features were added. Can you post some photos?

When the stove goes out is it when the switch has been switched to auto and operating on auto for some time?

Must be a very early model
I found with my ef3 that with some pellet
brands you have to adjust the dial a fire
to feed a little faster just past the middle
Only will run lower with one brand I use
Cubix