Envrio M55 Cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afm443

Hearth Supporter
Jun 23, 2010
Sask
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the M55 Cast? I am wanting to buy one and havent read any first hand experiences on the stove. I would love to wait for the M55 Cast insert, but with the uncertainty of exactly when it will be available and the price, I am thinking I will go with the stove unit. Thanks.

afm443 said:
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the M55 Cast? I am wanting to buy one and havent read any first hand experiences on the stove. I would love to wait for the M55 Cast insert, but with the uncertainty of exactly when it will be available and the price, I am thinking I will go with the stove unit. Thanks.

The M55C is available - the engine , same as the M55 is awesome . We burned one in the shop all winter and I have one in my home. With really good pellets you only have to clean the stove every three weeks.
The M55c FS is $3,449 in Painted Black and $3,769 is enamel

The M55 C Insert will be in the shop the end of Sept or early Oct. Price is $3,899 in Painted and $4,399 in enamel - comes with surround included and on a rail system for easy cleaning.

Steve

Thanks for the info PelletDude.

I wish I were able to wait until the insert is available, but if delivery gets delayed beyond the begining of October on the Canadian prairies, I will risk pipes freezing in the house I am building and having to install the insert in the cold. I plan on using the unit to keep the inside of my new house above 32F so I can continue working on finishing the inside of the house throughout fall/winter.

Were there any issues you encountered or little tricks while installing the M55 C to make setup any easier for a newbie?

Thanks

afm443 said:
Thanks for the info PelletDude.

I wish I were able to wait until the insert is available, but if delivery gets delayed beyond the begining of October on the Canadian prairies, I will risk pipes freezing in the house I am building and having to install the insert in the cold. I plan on using the unit to keep the inside of my new house above 32F so I can continue working on finishing the inside of the house throughout fall/winter.

Were there any issues you encountered or little tricks while installing the M55 C to make setup any easier for a newbie?

Thanks

Same as other Enviro's - very straight forward - 4" venting. The Cast is a beautiful stove. The Vermont Casting Company is making the cast for Enviro. Buy the best pellets you can afford and you will not be disappointed.

smwilliamson said:
I watched an M55 for an hour, I'm jealous, I want one.

I am very impressed with the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.