Esthetically pleasing wood boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RegencyNS

Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
Atlantic Canada
I was just thinking how nice it would be to find a wood boiler that looks like a regular wood stove (even if it was bigger), with glass doors etc. That would combine the convenience of heating the whole house via water and rads, and alos still give you that beautiful wood stove in the family room. Then, I came across this stove, mad by Stratford, that puts out over 80,000 btu of hot water heat and actually looks half decent. Of course, only available in UK, dammit.
http://www.stratfordboilerstoves.co.uk/which_boiler_stove.php?s=1234833815486

The Tarm is the most beautiful boiler one could imagine -- she always pleases, costs just about nothing to keep her living in the style to which she has become accustomed, warms me every night, and never lets off any steam. What more could a guy or gal want? lol

I have always had some interest in those "living area" boilers which are popular in Europe.

I think that they have been kept out of the US market for a couple reasons - first is the boiler codes, which are not international (they may be someday soon!) - secondly is the relatively low demand..........

I would not be surprised to eventually see some models on the market here,

Everybody has a slightly different idea about what looks nice, but here is something to consider in the Nice-Looking-Parlar-Stove-and-Boiler Combo department -- available from Minnisota --

This is a very interesting stove -- burns just about anyting -- chunck wood; pellets; corn; wood chips (!). Far as I know, it has a pretty unique principle of operation. The long burn time and very low stack temperature look promising. It requires a good chimney draft though.

Water heating coils for DHW or hydronic heat can be installed as an option behind the baffle. "ask us" the website says.

http://www.sedoreusa.com/products.html

Attachments

• 300glass Sedore.jpg
    300glass Sedore.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 661
  • Sedore Schem.gif
    Sedore Schem.gif
    55.9 KB · Views: 529
YOU'RE DRIVING ME NUTS!!

I'VE SEEN THIS THREAD STARTED IN THREE DIFFERENT PLACES NOW WITH DIFFERENT RESPONSES IN EVERY ONE!!

STOP IT FOR CRISE SAKES.

For the courtesy of the whole (not 'hole'), all replys would be nice to see without the chase but as long as you get what you want, the hell with the rest of us.

kenny chaos said:
For the courtesy of the whole (not 'hole'), all replys would be nice to see without the chase but as long as you get what you want, the hell with the rest of us.

You have the whole world at your fingertips on the internet. If you don't like what you see, go elsewhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-SHOWROOM-model-wood-stove-BOILER-with-visible-fire_W0QQitemZ170302633434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item170302633434&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:3|39:1|240:1318

Status
Not open for further replies.