EV sales slowing, GM and Toyota see more hybrids now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My guess that didn’t leave the factory like that but I wouldn’t put it past a mobile ranger or service tech. Tesla delivered 1.8 million vehicles last year. If this was wide spread (n>50) we would know.
Not sure. How many model y owners remove the frunk plastic to reveal this? Note that this is a 2020 article so hopefully it's supported better now.

Reactions: sloeffle
And tires? At $1200-1600 a set, every 10k-12k miles, this adds up quickly.
Just rotated tires on the 2023 model Y, 14,400 miles, 7-8/10ths on the fronts and 6-7/10ths on the rear. Surprised the non-steering end is wearing faster and I am not hard on the accelerator pedal. Should have rotated sooner to get a bit more life but so far I am not disappointed with the tire wear. These are the factory 19" tires on a dual motor car. These tires run about $300 ea.

Not sure. How many model y owners remove the frunk plastic to reveal this? Note that this is a 2020 article so hopefully it's supported better now.
I have not removed the frunk plastic but did just have the model Y up on the lift to rotate tires. Not much to see under there as 90% is covered by a under belly tray. With the wheels off everything looked well put together in the four corners, no cobbled together stuff here.

I'm surprised that we have not seen more enterprising independents adding EV charging at gas stations and convenience stores. Thinking some 7-11s, Pilot gas, etc. This is being done in Colorado with apparent success.

Sheetz just built a brand new gas station ( sigh ) by me and I was surprised that they didn't put any DCFC chargers in. There's plenty of room on the side of the building to have a few of them. My guess is, there's more money to be made off of fast food than charging.

There's a Tesla charging station about 10 miles up the road from me and it's right next to the highway.

Sheetz just built a brand new gas station ( sigh ) by me and I was surprised that they didn't put any DCFC chargers in.
I've been to a few DCFC at Sheetz in Pennsylvania.

Someone really has a gas company called "Sheetz"? ==c

Yep, a small chain.

Sheesh

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: begreen