Ever deal with Duravent warranty?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maj92az

Sep 26, 2020
N Idaho
2 month ago I installed a new stove and new Duravent. Been burning for 3 weeks Straight. Very little downtime. Last night I had her die out and today I wanted to clean it, sweep the chimney, and well.. a propane day.

Anyways. Notice the seam on my upper 24" class A pipe separating. It may have occurred from simply removing the chimney cap. I don't have any receipts. But its only 2 months old. I'll call Monday. I highly doubt the local store will help either. This was their last year selling chimney parts. Too many hassles??

Anyways anyone ever deal with them? Is my issue even a big deal? Considered putting a 12" hose clamp but want to go the right way first.

Thx

20201205_145017.jpg

2 month ago I installed a new stove and new Duravent. Been burning for 3 weeks Straight. Very little downtime. Last night I had her die out and today I wanted to clean it, sweep the chimney, and well.. a propane day.

Anyways. Notice the seam on my upper 24" class A pipe separating. It may have occurred from simply removing the chimney cap. I don't have any receipts. But its only 2 months old. I'll call Monday. I highly doubt the local store will help either. This was their last year selling chimney parts. Too many hassles??

Anyways anyone ever deal with them? Is my issue even a big deal? Considered putting a 12" hose clamp but want to go the right way first.

Thx

View attachment 268576
It needs to be replaced. That will allow water into the insulation.

Dang why diddnt I think of that! That too! It won't raining for about a week or more..
. Luckily its only $100 but I have a feeling Duravent will help here. Their website claims to have limited lifetime warranty.....if installed professionally...we'll see. But I'm sure it easy to agree its some type of detect in the manufacturing.

Good luck... My experience with them this fall on a new liner purchase put me off the company entirely. I was basically given the middle finger and told to sod off. They hung their own distributor out to dry for at least $2k.

Also note, they are having 'manufacturing delays'. Personal advice: find a local sweep/distributor that has the part in stock.

If a competing brand's marketing literature is to be believed, this may be a recurring problem as Duravent uses tack welded seam locks instead of fully welded construction.

Good luck... My experience with them this fall on a new liner purchase put me off the company entirely. I was basically given the middle finger and told to sod off. They hung their own distributor out to dry for at least $2k.

Also note, they are having 'manufacturing delays'. Personal advice: find a local sweep/distributor that has the part in stock.

If a competing brand's marketing literature is to be believed, this may be a recurring problem as Duravent uses tack welded seam locks instead of fully welded construction.
That pipe uses a crimped seam not welded at all

old vs new? This is a slip section.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 268642View attachment 268643
Oh there the better manufacturers don't weld anything there. Or if they do it is only tacked on one end. They also don't have solid heads there. They want the inner and outer sleeves to move independently. That is why we see less buckling on the higher end stuff. Jeremiah's that we are using now has no head or base. The inner and outer walls are totally seperate.

I was referring to the seam running the length of the pipe which is what separated here. Better pipe has a welded seam there

Oh there the better manufacturers don't weld anything there. Or if they do it is only tacked on one end. They also don't have solid heads there. They want the inner and outer sleeves to move independently. That is why we see less buckling on the higher end stuff. Jeremiah's that we are using now has no head or base. The inner and outer walls are totally seperate.

I was referring to the seam running the length of the pipe which is what separated here. Better pipe has a welded seam there
Is there a reference/vendor list for these upper tier manufacturers or are they for sweeps/pros only?

Is there a reference/vendor list for these upper tier manufacturers or are they for sweeps/pros only?

I know you can get ventis rebranded from some online retailers. I think it is sold as champion.

ICC Excel is another high-quality pipe that is usually available.