exhaust blower dosent shut down and control panal help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tgang50

Dec 22, 2008
northwest, usa
so i have a couple of questions for my lopi 400 pi pellet stove insert. first my stove is burning to hot when i have the auger speed set to slow. i was messing with the control panal settings last year and i am sure this is the problem. i just dont know what i was adjusting and what the dials do. there are 2 seperate dials (timer blocks) in the control panal. one has seconsds under it and is adjustable from 1-10 seconds with a blue circular knob that spins with an arrow on it. i think it has something to do with the motor that turns the augur. when it is set at one it causes something to have a constant clicking noise in the back of the stove. set at 10 it is just more spaced out. the other block has minutes written under it and is adjustable from 1-15 with a blue circular knob that spins and has an arrow on it. i have no idea what this is for. i see it says only have a technition mess with these in my manual but doesnt explain what they are and i obviously didnt listen. i dont no what these settings are suppose to be set around and am pretty sure that is why when my stove is set to low that it feels like it is on the high position.

does anyone now what each timer is for?
does anyone now what these are supppose to be set at?

problem 2 is that the exhaust blower dosent shut off. it used to shut off about 30min after i turned the pellet stove off. after researching i think it is because of a teprature sensor. i have 2 plastic thermostat deals (i think that is what they are) on the back of my exhaust fan. they both have 2 wires attached to them. the one closest to the back of the stove has poped out of the inset spot it was sitting in. there is still a metal holder with 2 screws holding it but the plastic part as become unglued or broken off from it. also a quarter size metal disk (maybee aluminum) piece fell out of the hole that the thermostat deal came detatched from (and of corse fell into the back of the stove somewhere where i cant find it anymore).

wondering if this is fixable or i need to replace it?
also how important was that flat metal disk i lost?
can i test that thermostat thing some how?

thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.