Exhaust blower problems?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arguello

Feb 1, 2009
Edgewood, NM
My husband and I are trying to figure out what is wrong with out pellet stove. At first the auger wasn't working, so we took out the auger motor and hotwired it and found out it works just fine. Then we checked the hopper snap switch and that it fine. So then we bypassed the flow switch and now the auger is feeding pellets. But the pellet stove is still not working right. Pellets are being dropped and the igniter seems to be heating up but there is no flame. The stove eventually shuts itself off. We are now starting to think there is something wrong with the exhaust blower. Could we be right? We don't know what else to check and we are trying to stay away from calling a repair man out, because that could get expensive. Any suggestions? We ar stumped.

We have a Lopi Pioneer freestanding stove. The combustion blower is working, and the pellets are coming in contact with the igniter, but it's almost like there isn't enough air in there to ignite the pellets...we think. Not sure? If there is a problem with the exhaust blower would that cause the flow switch to stop the auger from turning? Like I said we bypassed the flow switch and the auger started turning, but still can't get the pellets to burn and when they finally do ignite they don't seem to burn right, and the stove eventually shuts itself off.

well, we need to know a few more things. what kind of stove is it? does the combustion blower run? is there a negative pressure in the stove when the combustion fan is pulling? do you have an OAK (outside air kit) ??? have you tried to light the stove manually? Inquiring minds need to know, in order to help you! Bill

A few quick question are the pellets that are dropping actually coming in contact with the igniter and if not is it possible that your burn pot isn't properly seated?

But we really need the stove information so we can at least download the correct manuals to see what is what and where everything is and how the manufacturer has it put together.

We have a Lopi Pioneer freestanding stove. The combustion blower is working, and the pellets are coming in contact with the igniter, but it’s almost like there isn’t enough air in there to ignite the pellets...we think. Not sure? If there is a problem with the exhaust blower would that cause the flow switch to stop the auger from turning? Like I said we bypassed the flow switch and the auger started turning, but still can’t get the pellets to burn and when they finally do ignite they don’t seem to burn right, and the stove eventually shuts itself off.

The exhaust blower could be the problem, as could the control board, however what follows is where I'd start first.

How long have you had the stove and when was the last time you cleaned the system from outside exhaust to air intake?

A good cleaning including making sure the vacuum tube is clear can work wonders for a pellet stove.

The stove is about 3 years old. We have had it for a year and we just gave it a good cleaning. My husband hotwired the exhaust blower and nothing happened, so this means it's bad right?

Does anybody know how much an exhaust blower costs? I don't think I can get these parts online....not sure? That is if that is what the problem is.

If the exhaust blower doesn't work when directly connected to line voltage then you have found the problem. You should be able to find a place online to get the parts. Take the part number given in your manual and put it into Google and see what turns up.

Status
Not open for further replies.