Exhaust Fan blades after about 10 bags of pellets,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
Check this out, Exhaust Fan blades after about 10 bags of pellets, (clean out tee had as much soot as I would see after a ton of pellets)
I got curious after reading the post (black glass on pellet stove) and an other thread were macman and Mike were talking about coating the exhaust blades with a graphite type spray.
Anyway this was after about 10 bags of pellets running on settings 1/2 2/3 with bottom 3 buttons at 5/4/1 on a fully cleaned stove and pipes and these blades in October,
Stove pulls a good flame is only on its 4 ton of pellets I do not believe there are any gasket leaks.
Thinking I may need to change the low are setting to 5? for 5/5/1 lower 3 button setting? or maybe lower 5/3/1 to keep ash and soot out of pipes and in stove?
Stove pulls its own good natural draft, (power went out yesterday and still had a good flame and no smoke entered the home)
Maybe the combination of a strong draft and factory low air setting is actually pulling top much ash and soot out?
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.