Exhaust Leaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
So I started up the Leyden today to take the chill off the upstairs. Was sitting there watching it start, and noticed a cloud of smoke coming from the back left of the stove. Got down there and started looking around, and noticed it was coming from the joints on the tee on the back. This was going on during the ignition process, once it was firing it cleared up.

The wife has wicked asthma and I can't have this.

Scott just installed this back in September using Pellet Vent Pro I believe. Do I have to disassemble and re-RTV the joints, or can it be fixed with taking it apart?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Smokey, will check it out.

You probably already did it but try and keep that tape FLAT when wrapping it. For just being tape it can be tricky and you might end up still chasing the leak.

Scott,

It is leaking from the bottom of the Tee (cleanout cover I guess), and also from where it attaches to the back of the stove and the next section of pipe. If you are able to send me a replacement under warranty I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott,

It is leaking from the bottom of the Tee (cleanout cover I guess), and also from where it attaches to the back of the stove and the next section of pipe. If you are able to send me a replacement under warranty I would greatly appreciate it.

Sure the stove isn't leaking too? J/k ;)

Seriously, can't Simpson figure it out? Had a similar situation a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.