Exhaust question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattinpa

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2008
Western Pa
OK. I took apart my pipes that lead into my chimney. Had a warm spell and I thought I would clean them out real good. Problem is, I can't rememeber if The pipe that feeds into the top of the furnace should be sitting right on top of the baffle plate
(as far as it will go ), or if I should lift it a little and secure it in place. Any help?

Look real close at it. Should be a line on the outside of the pipe where it stopped before... In the absence of wear marks or lines, I'd say off the top of my head that you don't want the pipe protruding into the boiler. It has the potential to obstruct, even partially, the smoke path.

mattinpa said:
OK. I took apart my pipes that lead into my chimney. Had a warm spell and I thought I would clean them out real good. Problem is, I can't rememeber if The pipe that feeds into the top of the furnace should be sitting right on top of the baffle plate
(as far as it will go ), or if I should lift it a little and secure it in place. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.