Existing block off with new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Have an existing block off plate for my nc30 with an attsached 30 degree elbow i belive above it. I did this to get my liner as close to lintel as possible and to get this hog out on to the hearth. Were now looking at the osburn 2400i for a cleaner finished look but still offeres the heating capability of thr nc30. Will the existing block plate pose any trouble? Does the surround for the osburn 2400 mount directly to the stove(didnt look like it did from manual) plan to pull the 2400i out onto the hearth useing the existing liner and block plate just trying to prepare. Also planning on stuffing some left over roxul batts behind and beside the insert before installing the surround shroud. I dont forsee any fibers making their way out from the blower. The blower should be a sealed jacket around the insert and not pulling those small fibers out hope?

Pictures with measurements, every hearth is different

The existing block off plate could be a problem if it locates the liner at an offset to where the new insert's flue outlet falls. Measure to check. The fibers should not get into the sealed convective jacket of the insert, but check with Osburn to make sure they are ok with this plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.