Exploding Quadrafire Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Yup, this one sounds like bad pellets and perhaps bridging, but it sure is odd to see two of these reports in as many weeks with the same model stove.

Just took a look on the Quad site. They screw around with temp variable room air blower speeds and you can bet they do with pellet feed to in the name of the highest tech in a pellet stove. And have the weirdest feed setup I have seen.

This thing is clumping the pellets up and belching them all I once from the sound of the reports of the 'sploders.

Holey Moley

Two known stoves now, both from PA. That $800 MT Vernon is looking pretty expensive I was looking at but may be the issue is pellets in PA. Some tech with to much time on their hands?

I think it is something with the E2 model tech stuff. Didn't that stove just come out last February?

There's lots of happy AE owners out there. Quad changed over to DC motors on this model about 7 years ago. They use the same DC motor tech that is in modern oil, gas and heatpump blowers. Not sure about the E2 changes though.

These are the E2 not the AE model. Different stoves. Don't think it has been out long.

What are the differences between the AE and E2? Are they incremental or large?

Haven't seen the guts of either one. But the website sure hawks the new tech in the E2. And as you and I know about new tech BG...

The manual was just printed last February. It included an open door firescreen of all things. But that has been crossed out on the parts list now.

Can't seem to keep fire behind glass how are they going to keep it behind a screen?

Reactions: Jags and begreen
;lol;lol;lol...!!!

I hope somebody gets the CPSC into this quick. They already have an active recall on a Quad gas stove.

We just got a new Quad that exploded yesterday post a few minutes ago:(

Yes, with kids in front of the stove. Minor injuries reported. This feels like it may be heading to a class action lawsuit.

Get some pictures with kids bawling and covered in glass and the company can kiss those earnings good bye. The big question will be why wasn't every one of those stoves not have the settings changed by a dealer till the problem was sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.