Fabco auger issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eng2441

Feb 15, 2009
Sierra foothills
I have a Fabco PL-1000 pellet stove that I just inherited and it has an auger issue, the auger won't run if it has a full hopper or for a short time if no load at all, I do not know how old the stove is. I think the auger speed switch is also bad. turning the knob or putting a little pressure on the switch also causes it to speed up or slow down inconsistently. The auger drive is a Dayton gear box with a Mabuchi RS365SH dc motor, the switch is a B50K variable resistor, I found these parts online through some electronics outlets but these seem to be hobby rated equipment. does anyone know if it would be worth upgrading the auger to a newer type motor drive and if so, any recommendations.
Also looking for an owners manual to this stove if anyone has a copy.

any inf would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.