Face plate dimensions: Lopi Evergreen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Immanence

Nov 13, 2023
SE usa
Hi all,

I am very interested in the Lopi Evergreen insert, and I have an existing fireplace that used to be designed to burn coal (century home). The fireplace is just shy of fitting the Evergreen insert, but I talked to a mason who did he could widen the space for it.

I saw on Lopi's website they mention different face plates, but when I download the documentation it has dimensions for a 42" face plate.

I have a historic mantle that would leave space for a 35" by 35" face plate. I'd rather not fit into it, but what would be the options here?

Ahh, maybe I answered my own question: I see there is a space in the instructions for custom panels.

Are these panels functional at all? I would like minimal face plate, to leave as much of the original heart visible as possible. In fact, if I could just leave the face plate out entirely I would and reuse the old metal faceplate on the old hearth. But I am not sure if these are cosmetic or serve a functional purpose.

Hello Immanence,

The staff, moderators and other members are very experienced here and will help you. I am a new member myself and needed guidance. Just installed a Lopi Large Flush(problematic), so I understand where you're coming from...Found the large surround objectionable since I wanted a minimalist look as well...Then I realized the surround will protect the brick/stone around unit from any accumulation particles and limit my use of Rutland's cleaner and elbow grease to remove it.

I did email Travis Industries directly several times and they responded within 24-36hrs to my questions. People on this site are fantastic and their knowledge is without end....There are many forums and threads that they respond to...Hang in there my friend and hope your project goes well....Ask your dealer about a custom fit surround panel options....I did and mine came up with a solution. Good Luck.