Fan problems with Quadra Fire 1200 Classic Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2012
Just finished installing a brand new Quadra Fire 1200 Classic Bay. All went well until the exhaust fan wouldn't shut off and the convection fan never turned on once the ideal room temperature was achieved. The stove ignited beautifully and hopper was dropping pellets fine. I am new to the "pellet stove" world and figure (hope) this is something simple to correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.

do you mean the "convection fan " won't shut off? that fan should come on when a set temp is reached inside stove and snap disc #2 ( i think) turns the fan on, then it should run continuously..... Exhaust fan should turn on as soon as stove comes on when T-stat calls for heat....

All went well until the exhaust fan wouldn't shut off and the convection fan never turned on once the ideal room temperature was achieved.

First off welcome. Second, I'm confused by the above statement.

What do you mean would not shut off? The "exhaust" fan should turn on at start up and stay running until the stove goes into shut down mode when no longer calling for heat and then turn off when the snap disk reaches proper temp for cool down. The convection fan will turn on when the stove reaches proper temp and stay running until the stove no longer calls for heat and then goes into shut down mode awaiting the snap disk to reach proper temp to turn off. What are you using for a thermostat?

First read you owners manual regarding the blower controls, that should answer your concerns. Your variable blower dial has an "off" position as well as the switch when the stove is cold.
You might be experiencing the delay between the mass of the stove and thermal switch design needing to get hot within the first 10-15 minutes of starting a fire from a cold stove.
It may as easy as the above so go through these steps to rule out any mechanical defects.

Just finished installing a brand new Quadra Fire 1200 Classic Bay. All went well until the exhaust fan wouldn't shut off and the convection fan never turned on once the ideal room temperature was achieved. The stove ignited beautifully and hopper was dropping pellets fine. I am new to the "pellet stove" world and figure (hope) this is something simple to correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The exhaust blower will run as soon as you plug in the unit. It will also run 15-20 minutes after the unit shuts off. The convection fan will turn on and off depending on stove temp not thermostat settings. READ THE MANUAL AND WATCH THE DVD.

Eric

Finally Eric said it simply and correctly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.