Fan Recommendations Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deercamp

Jan 3, 2013
se mass
Hello I am looking for a fan to move the heat out of my family room. My house is a 2500 sq ft colonial with a very open floor plan. The problem is that the family room is 20 x 16 with a 15ft high cathederal ceiling off the end of the house. The stove is at the end of the house in this room facing the kitchen that has a 5ft cased opening but the heat seems to still be trapped in this room. There is a 70" ceiling fan in the room that I have pushing the hot air up to the ceiling hoping that it would help move the hot air out of that room and not stay on the ceiling. I am thinking of puttting some sort of fan in the top corner of the cased opening where the kitchen and family room meet to help push the hot air out of this room into the rest of the house. If anyone can suggest a quiet energy efficeient fan that would be great. If anyone has any other suggestion how to move the heat out of this room it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you running the ceiling fan in reverse? Is there a fan in your kitchen?

My stove is in my leaving room next to my kitchen. There is a fan in my kitchen that I run in reverse and it helps pull the air from the living room

Would one of those thru the wall mounted fans work for you? An easy install, and they can be placed pretty much anywhere you like. Also, if you strategically place two of these thru the wall fan units in your house, you may be able create a circular air flow pattern, one fan pulling and the other fan pushing.

That would be a good idea. I am thinking now of maybe putting a
fan on the gable wall that goes into the bedroom upstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.