I am lookin for a wall mounted fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garth_2022

Apr 6, 2022
new york
I have the Regency Hi500/CI2700. My living room hovers around 77-80, dining room around 74 and back room around 68. I have a ceiling fan in the dining room that moves the air toward the back rooms. I don't want a ceiling fan in my living room, but looking for a wall mounted fan about 16 inches that I can point downwards and a little to the left. Ceiling temp in living room is around 85.
I have a great Vornado floor fan that has 5 speeds that I use in a bedroom that has line of sight to the living room. That pushes out the cold air and pulls in the warm air at the ceiling from the dining room. Unfortunately, there are no specs on the CFM for this fan, but low is sufficient to do what I want. Based on similar model, it looks like it might be only about 400 CFM at low.
I have looked at wall fans and they seem to range from 2000 - 4000 CFM. I don't want that. Low CFM fans look like junk.
Does anyone do what I am looking for? I think I would like a 400 - 1000 CFM fan based on speed settings. I cannot find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

Amazon has several for sale. Search on wall mount fan.

Amazon has several for sale. Search on wall mount fan.
That is where I looked. They all seem to pieces of crap plastic that break in a week or have CFM ten times what I need. I don't want to have to get a table fan and build a shelf to put it on.

Last edited:
I have had one of those plastic crap fans running in our greenhouse, non-stop, for 2 years now. Get one with good reviews. Run it on low.

Lasko is a good brand that's been around awhile.
Amazon product ASIN B077BBVY2F
Thanks so much. Heh, somehow I missed this one as I put 3 on my wishlist so I know to go back to them and check them out. This wasn't on there. I can only guess that there are so many, and in the multiple pages I looked at, I never got to this one. I couldn't tell if this one can be adjusted direction-wise up/down and left/right.

It ain’t pretty for interior design, but commercially, I’ve installed these. They seem tough and move some air. I also have a cool sticker on a Pelican case.

You are correct. I read most of it and jumped to a conclusion before I got to the end and skipped the rest.

Reactions: garth_2022
My mind went first to AirKing and Vornado because I’ve had fans from both that I like. Maybe a bit high CFM but the AirKing 9012 is 700CFM on low and 36dB

Read good things about Lasko, too, but haven’t owned one.

Look at hurricane wall fans, they are made for greenhouses so are intended for extreme conditions and are cheaper than name brands like lasko and Air King.

My mind went first to AirKing and Vornado because I’ve had fans from both that I like. Maybe a bit high CFM but the AirKing 9012 is 700CFM on low and 36dB

Read good things about Lasko, too, but haven’t owned one.
Thanks, I will check out the Air King. Looks to be the perfect CFM for me. Begreen suggested Lasko too, and they are American made, so I'd lean towards that one, unless I can find that Air King is also American made.
I have multiple Vornado fans. I love them, but they do not make wall mounted versions, otherwise I wouldn't be looking for any other brand.

Reactions: torpesco
Not sure why these got discontinued but I have these for passing air in/out of rooms depending on which way you install them and love them, they have been running non-stop for the past 4 years. I have been on the lookout for new old stock or someone else to make something like it as one day they will go up.