farenheight and american energy systems same brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so my best buddy dexter and i just installed my magnum baby countryside yesterday and started to notice some stardiling similarities between my stove and his farenheight furnace. it started with the heat exchangers,both have 19 heat exchangers and both are the same diamiter tubes. the next thing we noticed was that both have the same type and shape inspection cap on the exaust blower. if im not mistaken we also noticed that the augers were the same type of auger also. so our question is... are these two stove actually manufactured by the same company?

one is manufactuered in michigan(farenheight) and my magnum is manufactuered in minnesota but the similarities are scarry

Here is how it goes, those stoves you think are manufactured in (insert location here) are composed of various parts from all over the world, this includes major metal subassemblies, and in some cases it is the entire stove.

There are several entire lines of stoves that are sold under many different brands. So you likely aren't "seeing things".

To add on, and clear up a little. The exchangers are the same dimension in diameter. My Fahrenhiets tubes are longer by about 3". The Auger itself looks the same, the motor is different. And the Comustion blower isn't the same exact clean out cover, but they are very similar, also using very similar gaskets. The 19 tube exchanger is what got me looking. Although they are different lengths, the diameter, and configuration is strikingly similar. Good Point Smokey.

Status
Not open for further replies.