Feel free to gloat..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
I'm staring out the office window, and can barely see the hillside 400 yrds. away. Talking up to 18" above 10K by Sunday. Glad I haven't stored the snowblower yet.

I won't gloat, but I'm glad I'm not in that boat.

it's been sunny and 60's here in Maine: actually did a 4' tall brick chimney top the other day, and it was perfect weather to lay bricks on a tall roof.... sorry for your snow, but better you than me!

Just got home- 1.5 hours to go 31 miles. Revised forecasted totals- 14"-28" above 9K elevation. I can't see farther than 1/4 mile in any direction. Can't wait to read the "Neener, neener, neener, sorry for your luck" things. :cheese:

I had to suffer through working on the lawn mower today in that brutal 70 degree heat. :coolsmirk:

I pulled the boat up to the lake today. I'll launch it next week when I get the dock in.

Matt

I looked for ice, but didn't see any. I threw a tennis ball into the lake so the dog could get a better look and he didn't see any either. He made me throw it a few more times to be sure though. :lol:

Matt

Currently, I'd only do that for a dog I didn't like. Ice on lakes is thin here. Cats, on the other hand...... :coolgrin:

Beetle-Kill said:
Currently, I'd only do that for a dog I didn't like. Ice on lakes is thin here. Cats, on the other hand...... :coolgrin:

My woodpile cat would just look at it then back at me with that "You want that thing chased? Get a dog, fool." look on her face.

BB, that is funny! My indoor-"Wanna be outdoor" cats would probably give me the same look. Well, one is pretty 'toopid, so she might try it. I'm thinking of getting an Aussie heeler this summer, just to mess with them.

That should be a fun sight. Aussie herding cats. :) LOL

Oh my Lord, I just a couple of great visuals on that one! If I can get the wife to show me how to work the camers and post pictures, you guy's are in trouble. So are the cats! :snake:

Beetle-Kill said:
Just got home- 1.5 hours to go 31 miles. Revised forecasted totals- 14"-28" above 9K elevation. I can't see farther than 1/4 mile in any direction.

You got me there. Used to take me 90 minutes to go 38 miles to work...in CLEAR weather...every day.

[Beetle-Kill - 23 April 2010 07:38 PM
Just got home- 1.5 hours to go 31 miles. Revised forecasted totals- 14”-28” above 9K elevation. I can’t see farther than 1/4 mile in any direction

Im a snow lover, Im jealous :shut:
I notice your only at 8200'

Beetle-Kill said:
Just got home- 1.5 hours to go 31 miles. Revised forecasted totals- 14"-28" above 9K elevation. I can't see farther than 1/4 mile in any direction. Can't wait to read the "Neener, neener, neener, sorry for your luck" things. :cheese:

I hope you also have the snow plow handy!

I also hope you have things warm up a bit soon out there. I recall 2 years ago driving through snow in June! Then in RAAM, our biker about froze on some of the mountains. His water bottle even froze....solid! Too cold to be on a bike like that.

Was cutting, splitting and stacking some wood over at the cottage on Lake Champlain today. Put shorts on at noon time.

Threw the canoe in and took a short paddle mid-afternoon. The lake was like glass. Could still see snow on the top
of Mt. Mansfield.

The dogs took a swim, I did not. Water temp tis 42*

Backwoods Savage said:
Then in RAAM, our biker about froze on some of the mountains. His water bottle even froze....solid! Too cold to be on a bike like that.

Riding in the winter is great, especially the sledding hills. Just need to use a camel back with an insulated tube and wear the camel back underneath your shell.

Ah Solar, but that is much different from the conditions one faces in RAAM. For example, one year I was driving the pace vehicle behind the rider and we faced 107 degrees one day and the next day were facing temperatures in the low 20's! Now that is a sudden change for sure. How does the body prepare for such an ordeal? On top of that, we had to be on super alert when descending the mountains for fear of elk on the roads! Yes, it happens! No imagine riding a bicycle downhill at speeds of 60-70 mph and suddenly an elk is in front of you. Not a pretty picture at all.

I've had close calls with deer going downhill in the woods at night, I can't imagine coming up on an elk at speed. I'm not sure I'll ever understand what would drive someone to ride on the road in 107 degree heat. I'll take winter riding any day over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.