Not open for further replies.
  1. babalu87

babalu87
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2005
    Loc:
    middleborough, ma.
    I am going to use these for a wood shed. Can I get away with 24" spacing on the roof rafters in Southeastern Massachusetts?
    For a 30 psf, it calls for a max span of 30" so I would assume that 24" would be over spec?

I have never worked with the corrugated panels and Lowes is no help.
    I wish I could find them somewhere else local...............

2. nshif

nshif
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 7, 2006
    Loc:
    Pioneer, Ca (near Lake Tahoe)
    Just put some 2x4 perlins between the rafters (perpendicular) to the rafters 24 oc. If 30 lb snow load is enuf, wouldnt be here If I dont build to at least 40 the 1st good snow is gonna bring it down without some center support

3. Gooserider

Gooserider
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2006
    Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    You need to have support under the panels, such that the grooves run up and down, and the support runs across. If your rafters run crossways you may be OK, if they run vertically I'd but some 1x3 or 4 strapping every 16" or so. On my own shed, I have 3 rafters running cross ways on an 8' span, which would NOT be enough by themselves, but I also had a bunch of trash picked PT decking boards that I put diagonally across the rafters (to maximize the coverage per board length) with about a boards worth of space between each one, and that gives me (barely) enough support that it hasn't collapsed yet...

Gooserider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.