Fibre Boards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sailorman3

Sep 15, 2016
Newfoundland
Is there a difference between fibre boards in a wood stove and cement board that can be purchased at a hardware store. Fibre boards for my stove are on back order and I have a hole gone through one. I’m looking for a fix. Thanks.

Ceramic fiber insulation boards are available at Amazon for use in wood stoves or kilns. Ceramic fiber insulation blankets too. Ive found them on the site for USA variety of sizes, thickness mill ability

What stove? Might be able to find something online.

If not I thought there was a website that sold generic sizes of ceramic boards that could be cut down to fit.

Fiberboard can be made of ceramic fibers or vermiculite. Cement board is an entirely different product made from cement and not a good substitute.
There is also a 3d party product sold as "Superwool" by Lynn Mfg. on Amazon that has been sold for wood stoves as a ceramic fiberboard alternative. Some folks are trying this out, but I don't recall any long-term reports on it yet. Some of the Amazon reviews say that it is quite fragile.

Reactions: Sailorman3