Filled the shed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
image.jpg I finished filling the shed today. I have a full 3 cords of wood ready (most 15% or less) I have 1 cord around 21/22% and a crap load of seasoned uglies. I have 2 cords of green wood stacked outside of the shed. I still have to close up the center section of the shed. That's gonna be storage. Just waiting on winter now.....

Looks good dude

You're ahead of me. I just brought a trailer load of red oak from my stash at my in laws. I need to re-split some bigger splits and re-stack. I also need to relocate my woodshed about 75' across the yard before I fill it. I'll be done just in time to light the stove off.

Looks good, get that centre section filled up as well.

I am almost done modifying mine. Not looking forward to stacking it up

This shed is truly a thing of beauty . . . looks sharp.

Really nice job on the shed and the stacking. I need to get to work on a small shed to stack about a weeks worth out side the back door.

Thanks, it was a long couple of days to build this. Glad I can check this off the list now.

I know the feeling , lots of hard work , but it looks great and feels great having it done !

image.jpg So I thought I would show you all today's work. I finally built the doors for the center section. I built the wall for the back a few weeks ago. Plywood and some clapboards. Now I actually have a shed to store some of the crap from my garage in.

Wow - that looks great. Did you pour footings or just us block?

I like how you roll. Very neat, tidy and out of the weather.

I burn about 3 or 4 cord a year myself but I just top cover.

Nice looking wood shed.

It's just on pavers. Each bay holds about 1.5 cords. Last winter I burnt about 4.5 cords. I just use outside wood for shoulder season. I'm guessing maybe $600 in materials. The freakin exteriors screws are darn expensive.... Sheet metal roof want cheap either. Oh well. I'm so glad I did. I use to top over with tarps. Sooooo much better. This is the shed that I built for my mother in law. Hers holds 2.5 cords per bay.image.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: Gboutdoors
Status
Not open for further replies.