Finally, a Fiskars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I got something today I have been wanting for a long time. I hope this is just the beginning of my Fiskars collection. i got this little x7 to keep in my 4x4 with my first aid kit, ropes, tools and tarps etc. I went and gave it smashing on some branches before...What a brilliant product....felt great to use, sharp as hell and just looks awesome...everything i have read about them is true..

fiskars.jpg

Reactions: blazincajun
Nice, keep that guard on. They are sharp.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
20140222_171501.jpg

Just gave the gf a X 25 for her birthday (amongst other more girly things...) she can't wait to try it out. Although she did notice witness marks from where I just couldn't wait to see how it works. ...;em

Now it's time to get one for myself.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Have been splitting wood and felling trees with axes all my life. Got an X27 for Christmas and LOVE IT!!!!

The maul still works better on the stringy/knarly stuff. But anything straight grained will split with the same number of swings the maul takes (and yes and took rounds from the same tree and did a comparison test) and I can swing A LOT longer without getting tired.

After falling in love with the X27, I will eventually end up with the X7. The wife said I don't need it because I already have a hatchet. But said hatchet will mysteriously get lost in the woods while setting up my newest deer stand this spring ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.