Finally bought a Fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dagen

Feb 4, 2019
Virginia
I've been using a Wondercoal wood stove for the past 4 years with quite a bit of dissapointment. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Fisher.

I found a Grandpa Bear on FB Marketplace about 150 miles from where i live.. it had been cleaned up, painted, and new fire brick installed. i can't wait to get it up and running.

Attachments

• Finally bought a Fisher
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Finally bought a Fisher
    thumbnail.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 101
I've been using a Wondercoal wood stove for the past 4 years with quite a bit of dissapointment. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Fisher.

I found a Grandpa Bear on FB Marketplace about 150 miles from where i live.. it had been cleaned up, painted, and new fire brick installed. i can't wait to get it up and running.
The fisher will be better than the wonder coal because it is designed to be a wood stove. But still miles behind modern stoves in almost all aspects.