Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrem1187

jcrem1187
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Indiana
    I purchased an Avalon 796 stove for my log cabin. I have been going thru the manual checking clearances and have a couple of questions. First off with regards to floor protection the manual states non-combustible material with a minimum thickness of 26 gauge floor protection. What does that mean? I plan to build the hearth and want to be sure I'm meeting all requirements. I had planned on using 3/4 in plywood then 1/4 inch wonderboard topped with porcelain tile. Any suggestions?

2. pen

pen
    There are some who call me...mod. 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    26 gauge would be referring to metal thickness. Wonderboard and tile should be fine if it's only calling for a non-combustible material. Does this manual give you a recommend hearth size (how far it should extend around the stove)?

pen

3. bmwloco

bmwloco
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Asheville NC
    I live close enough to a beautiful mountain river full of large flat rocks. One in front of both of my stoves. It protects the floor, stands up to any amount
    of "uh oh" and I like the way it looks. So does Elroy, the house mutt. He goes to sleep with his head on the rock in front of the stove...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.