Finally finished the splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
It took me a lot longer to do this year but finally got this finished. Now for the stacking...

It is a bit of a small pile this year but we're just happy to still be able to do what we can. No, I do not know how much is there but will state how much after we get the stacking done. That might take a while as there are many other things that take priority over the stacking right now. This is why I prefer to get it done in March or April. Sometimes it just doesn't work out though.

Split pile 2013a.JPG Split pile 2013b.JPG

Split pile 2013c.JPG

I'll take a pile like that any time. Like you always said, if you are far enough ahead then you can just go at your own speed.

Thanks 4 the push

Zap

Lookin' good Dennis! Crack open a cold one sit back and admire your hard work.. Then you can consider the stacking that lies ahead..

Ray

I don't know how much, but that looks like quite a bit of wood. :cool:

After all you and Judy have been through this past winter, God bless you my friend! That's an awesome amount of wood, considering the set-backs. Hey, I am truly greatful for meeting you on this site, as you've taught me a lot......if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have 25 cord of wood stacked out back.....and I'd be dealing with less-than-ideal wood every winter.

I think you are doing fantastic. That's an impressive amount of wood for ANYBODY right there!

Surely ,things don't always go the way we would like.
Great to see U got that part done :)
If I can stop draggin wood home , Maybe I can get the splittin done ==c

Still, a very impressive pile of wood, Dennis. Even on a less than optimal year you get the job done. I know this has been a tough year for you and your family, and many of us would have just taken a break for a year. Glad you still have the fortitude and will to keep forging ahead.

Hey, we plan on doing this for many, many more moons! Not only is it great exercise and keeps us warm but we enjoy doing it too. That makes the work go much smoother when you are enjoying it.

It is a great feeling to know when you have helped some. Thanks Pauly.

Status
Not open for further replies.