1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Finally gettin’ r done!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Henz, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henz

Henz New Member

Loc:
    Northville, NY
    Well, this weekend looks like I will be able to get the ATV and gear up to my pile of logs that the logger skidded and stacked for me behind the house..Snow should be down enough to do so... I have about 6 cord up there waiting on me. Plan on getting it all bucked up. cant get the splitter up there yet though..But, at least if I am able to get it bucked up and stacked i nthe next two weeks I should be able to start the splitting process.! I am ahead of schedule this year on the wood. LAst year I wasent done until the begenning of June! I should have it all wrapped up for this years supply by May 1st at the latest. Then I will start on next years supply..I am finally gonna get two years ahead of the game!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    No thaw/muddy stage to worry about? My place is just about dry enough to get busy without doing too much damage...
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    You will definitely appreciate getting 2 years ahead. You won't burn as much wood either because it is drier and gives more heat.

We're blessed here in the spring as we have all yellow sand, so the mud season is very, very short. Sometimes one or two days and it is all done.
  4. iskiatomic

iskiatomic Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    I myself just started making some progress. This afternoon I cleared a bunch of prickers and small saplings from an access road to get to my next score. Now to attend to the semi bloody mess I made of myself from those damn prickers. Isn't this just fun!

KC
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Sounds like prickly ash. Nasty stuff indeed.
  6. Henz

Henz New Member

Loc:
    Northville, NY
    WELL, MY WOODLOT IS UP BEHIND MY HOuse. the elevation change is about 400 feet and there are logging roads. I ahve net been up there yet to know how muddy but as long s I can get to it on my atv the logs are all piled right were I am gonna buck and split and stack them so it should be a problem..Come spetember I will trailer it all down to my house where I store it in a covers screen patio right off of my kitchen. It holds 4 cord.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.