Finally getting some time on the MS362

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Dad called last night - needs help getting a tree cut up that fell at a friends house. Finally have some wood to cut with the 362 I picked up a couple months ago. Not sure what I'm cutting, but he said there are some big pieces. Looking forward to trying her out. Heading out to sharpen the 510 now and should be out cutting in an hour or so. Good start to my 40th birthday - yikes! Cheers!

Yep, Happy Birthday kiddo.:cool:
I don't see pics. Must be you're stihl cutting.
Yeah, that's gotta be it.
popcorn.gif

Reactions: zap
Finally have some wood to cut with the 362 I picked up a couple months ago

About time you put that thing to work. You're gonna like it. A lot.

Happy Birthday and enjoy that MS362! They're awesome!

Should make for a fun Birthday.
The sounds, the smells & the feel.
Yep, should be a great day :)

Happy Birthday !

Made it home. Unfortunately, the tree was a red maple that had dropped on a shed roof during a snow storm. A tree crew had already come and chunked most of the wood into no more that 4' or so lengths. Tight quarters to work and was only able to cut a few of the larger rounds - my Dad said he wanted to clean up the area for the owners and didn't want to rake a bunch of sawdust off their driveway - so he asked me to just load up most of the longer pieces right into the truck and he'd cut later. Didn't use the saw much at all - kind of a let down! Fun being with Dad but really was hoping to walk down a log with the saw. With my limited first impressions, the saw seems to have a little higher, but comparable power as my 039 I sold a bit ago, but the major difference was the anti-vibe - unreal how smooth the saw is in the cut. Balance is a little heavy to the nose with the 20" bar, but comfortable. Got to get out and get some better time on her - but I'm guessing my next big round of cutting will be nearer to end of October/early November, unless a good scrounge comes up. Not to unhappy about that - I'm not a big fan of hot weather cutting - I'll take a 30deg day! Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays - I appreciate it. Told my kids that I was officially old today! Wife bought me two nice beers (a Belhaven Scottish Stout and a Cinder Bock - Rauch Bock), a load of shrimp, and hinted that if I showered after doing all my outside work today, there might be more birthday surprises tonight ;). Good day so far! Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Another Happy Birthday wish. Now get that idea of old out of your head as 40 is a long ways from being old. You have many good years ahead and they will be some of your best yet.

Thanks Dennis - Definitely enjoying the good years with my 10 and 3 year old boys and 7 year old girl - and Mom's great too - lucky man! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.