Finally got a new stove... more questions though *PIC*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
slls said:
I can sleep 18 inches from my stove, it's not in my bedroom.

That's the only way I'm warm from mine. ;)

OP, the first nights that we had ours installed the pellet dropping noise made DH crazy - but he got used to it. I think of when we used to live 10 minutes from Logan Airport in Boston - all those planes all the time - then we just got used to it and didn't even notice anymore. Same thing, but much less so, with the stove.

mfglickman said:
slls said:
I can sleep 18 inches from my stove, it's not in my bedroom.

That's the only way I'm warm from mine. ;)

OP, the first nights that we had ours installed the pellet dropping noise made DH crazy - but he got used to it. I think of when we used to live 10 minutes from Logan Airport in Boston - all those planes all the time - then we just got used to it and didn't even notice anymore. Same thing, but much less so, with the stove.

Thanks... It's been a month and I'm over the noise issue. It didn't last too long.. It's actually quite soothing now.

I thought the blowers were a tad loud at first, but don't notice them at all anymore.

I always enjoyed the tink tink tink of the pellets dropping.

I prefer the white noise. If my stove is off it just seems too quiet. My stove is no louder than a fan running on high.

BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.