Finally got the maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
First time out since I cut the hand.It has been slow gowing since it was not a clean cut. I put a glove on and managed to cut the big maple up. There will be alot of wood in this tree.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 146.jpg
    bearded asil hen 146.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 126
  • bearded asil hen 147.jpg
    bearded asil hen 147.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 118
  • bearded asil hen 148.jpg
    bearded asil hen 148.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 141
Nice BTUs - glad you're back out there. Did the work bother your hand?

Reactions: ScotO
same thoughts here, glad your back at it. How did the hand make out working?

Tim, nice job...big tree.....lotsa good wood......I betcha yer hand is sore, though! ;) Glad yer back at it.

Looks great. Just be sure keep that wound clean & well covered until its 100% healed up.

Nice job TimJ, like Thistle mention take care of that hand.

zap

Good to know you are back in the working class Tim. That is some nice wood too.

Yes, fortunate I was. The hand will heal
I got a great deal on a slightly used log splitter. It will do all I need it to do. I am going to buck up alot of wood, but this time put it in a newly identified wood process area that is not close to the house and barn. It does look like I am a wood seller from the road. lol
I will drop all my rounds in this area then let the splitter do its thing. I'll stack it there and bring it to the house as needed.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 155.jpg
    bearded asil hen 155.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 118
  • bearded asil hen 157.jpg
    bearded asil hen 157.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 102
You will really appreciate that splitter Tim.

Good idea Scott.

Yes, fortunate I was. The hand will heal
I got a great deal on a slightly used log splitter. It will do all I need it to do. I am going to buck up alot of wood, but this time put it in a newly identified wood process area that is not close to the house and barn. It does look like I am a wood seller from the road. lol
I will drop all my rounds in this area then let the splitter do its thing. I'll stack it there and bring it to the house as needed.

We have the same splitter at our hunting camp. I suggest keeping the fuel you run through it treated with stabil, startron, sea foam, etc. With only a few hours on ours (maybe 10 tops) we've had to pull the float on the carb and free the needle 2x.

Otherwise, we are very happy with the machine.

Glad to see you are back at it. Good luck on healing things up also.

pen

Wow, that thing must have some small jets for it to that Pen.

Wow, that thing must have some small jets for it to that Pen.

Usually, I've only ever had a stuck needle valve on machines that had the fuel varnish up.

In the last 2 years, I've been fighting left and right on them even in machines used fairly regularly (4wheeler, old farmall 450 tractor, and this splitter). Can't blame the splitters carb since it's happening on other machines like I've never seen it before too. Carbs are clean as can be with no visual varnish. Fuel is bought from a variety of vendors and different gas cans so I can't blame one thing. Starting to accuse the ethanol for this, but I can't prove it.

pen

You very well may be right with the ethanol. They have been cleared for 15% I have been informed. That is not good.

Starting to accuse the ethanol for this, but I can't prove it.

pen
You hit the nail right on the head! And it's gonna get worse........they're "easing" us into the 15% thing. It won't be mandatory at first, but in a couple years when the price of gas goes way up (yes UP) and the quality of gas goes way down, we'll all be barking because it WILL be mandatory then, and none of our older vehicles (or gas powered machines) will be compatible. And the new vehicles (and gas powered machines) that they sell us (you know, the ones that only the DEALER or A CERTIFIED, BONDED, DEALER-APPROVED mechanic can work on)? We'll all be forced to buy that stuff. And it'll cost a fortune to keep it running.......

Oh how I hope you are wrong Scott. Hey, I do like your new avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.